1. Increases your home value. Building features that increase your
home’s hurricane resistance also increase its market value.
2. Reduces the likelihood that you will need to evacuate (unless
ordered to do so by the authorities). Homes built or retrofitted to
meet the Miami-Dade building standards can withstand winds of up to
130 mph, a Category 3 storm.
3. Improves your overall hurricane recovery time.
4. Reduces the amount and extent of damage to your home from wind
5. Reduces your out-of-pocket expenses after a storm.
6. Reduces the likelihood of an insurance claim.
7. Prevents injury to your family from wind-borne debris.
8. Can lower your insurance premium. By law, all licensed insurance
companies must offer discounts on premiums for
9. Helps prevent damage to neighboring homes.
Ensures your home meets statewide building codes for